Saturday, November 15, 2008

Black GQ Entertainment: Foreign Exchange @ Black Cat


I have been sleeping again. I got a heads up from a good friend in Memphis (What's up Shak) about Foreign Exchange. The group was on my mind and a month later I am finally getting into the group and the cd "Leave It All Behind". All I say is WOW..... the album is heatrocks.

Leave It All Behind finds The Foreign Exchange wandering further afield from their hip-hop origins. The duo's second full-length is a dark, multilayered affair that features rapper (and Little Brother member) Phonte showcasing his abilities as an exceptional vocalist, while producer Nicolay extends his musical palette to include elements of jazz, downtempo, and house.

Even better news for D.C. you can catch the group at Black Cat on Sunday.

Black Cat, 1811 14th St. NW; Sun., 8 p.m., $18; 202-667-4490. U St.-Cardozo Metro

Go buy the cd today. Here is "I Wanna Know" from "Leave It All Behind".


No comments: